Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day 4 Dinner: Ginger Jasmine Rice with Sauteed Shrimp & Edamame

I had a whole hand of fresh ginger in my veggie bin so I planned on making a very aromatic rice,  I infused my broth with peeled ginger, garlic, bay leaf, lemon rind, S & P and turmeric .  It was amazingly fragrant and delicious.. In a separate skillet a sauteed 1 pound of raw frozen shrimp (25 count) in a skillet that I had already infused the oil with minced garlic and minced ginger.  I added some soy sauce and sesame oil.  I removed the shrimp and added about a cup of frozen shelled edamame to the pan, which I heated until hot.  I then added the shrimp back to the pan until all was hot and squeezed in some fresh lime juice.  I plated the rice and added the shrimp mixture.  It was a delightfully delicious meal.

No comments: