Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ongoing Breakfast Items and Snacks

We call them Tookie Cookies in our house because the have a lot of FIBER.  These are the simple classic oatmeal raisin cookies recipenthat are on the canister with a couple of modifications to make them a little healthier and cake like.  I cut the butter in half and add apple sauce.  Add a some chocolate chips, ground flax seed or wheat germ.  I then bake them in a pan and cut into bars.  These are also great for a quick breakfast or after school snack.  I doubled the recipe so I used all my remaining 4 eggs.  Things are going to get a bit more challenging now!  At least I am assured of breakfast for about a week. Between the muffins and these bars, I'm also sure all of us will be regular.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Michelle,
Descriptions requested please. What do we have here?
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the tookie cookies! They have tons of fiber and they taste good!
carla